No Bake Holiday Oreo Truffle Recipe
So everyone knows that type of person who starts freezing Christmas cookie dough in the fall so that come the holidays, they’re totally ready to just whip up some fast treats with no problem. That’s not how we roll in my house though. Every holiday I find myself scrambling to come up with something yummy to bring to a party, give to teachers, or simply have ready for guests. That’s why this no bake holiday Oreo truffle recipe is so amazing. It’s only three inexpensive ingredients that I can keep in the house and have a huge batch all ready within an hour. They’re inexpensive, relatively quick to make, and look like you put way more time into “baking” than you actually have, making you look impressive and completely top of things.
- 1 package of softened cream cheese
- 20 plain Oreo cookies
- sprinkles, crushed candy cane, or nonpareils of your choosing
- Put Oreos into mixer and crush at a low speed until pretty crunched up. There can be big pieces still, but you’ll want the bulk of the Oreos to be crushed up.
- Add in the entire package of cream cheese
- Mix until a smooth ball of dough
- Take a heaping teaspoon of dough and roll into firm bite size balls about an an inch in diameter (see photo)
- Roll the balls into whatever crushed candy or sprinkles you’ve chosen and then sit them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes before serving.
These delicious little balls of yum can be served on a tray, put into a parchment lined tin, or even gifted in a cute mason jar for any holiday or “just because”. They’re completely versatile; coat them with heart shaped candies for Valentine’s Day, green and white nonpareils for St Patrick’s Day, or make a fantastic treat at birthday parties and customize them with candies to match the color of your party theme.
What would you use these sweet treats for? (And yes, “to eat while watching Greys Anatomy alone in bed” is an acceptable answer to that question!)