Global Winter Wonderland Atlanta Review
The holidays are a time of year that is synonymous with lights and family and there’s nothing in Atlanta that combines the two more perfectly than Global Winter Wonderland Atlanta! I had a chance to bring my small children to see the attraction and all of us, kids and adults alike, had an amazing time. We were able to “visit” countries all over the globe with the larger than life lantern designs based on landmarks from all over the world, everything from the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, Chichen Itza, and the Golden Gate Bridge. There were also rides, photos with Santa, and the DinosaurLand Maze that all ensure that there’s something for everyone!
Located at Atlanta’s Turner Field Green Lot every day from 5-11pm from November 21, 2013 – January 5, 2014, you have plenty of opportunity to visit Global Winter Wonderland Atlanta, and the best part is that you can purchase tickets for one visit, OR season passes! I highly recommend the season passes, my daughter was asking when we could come back as we were walking to the car! Another great thing to keep in mind is that the lanterns are environmentally friendly, illuminated by low voltage LEDs and several are even powered with solar panels, so you can enjoy all of the lights without worrying about the global footprint it’s leaving. Ticket costs for adults (ages 13-64) is $24.99, seniors (65+) is $18.99, juniors (ages 5-12) is $16.99, and children under 4 are free, and the tickets cover the lanterns, rides, and live entertainment!
- Fun for the entire family, no matter what the age or interest
- Easy to navigate with strollers or wheelchairs
- Festive, but also loads to see for people who don’t celebrate Christmas
- Something for everyone
- Environmentally friendly
- Season passes available for repeat visits
- Absolutely beautiful
- Great way to get your kids interested in learning about other cultures and countries
- Parking is in lots so there’s no worrying about finding on street parking
- Snacks like kettle corn and spiced cider available
- Different types of live entertainment, including the UniverSOUL Circus, Jamie Grace, Montell Jordan, and OMG Girlz
- Ticket price includes live entertainment and rides
- Tickets can be a little pricey, but well worth it
- A bit of a walk from the different parking lots
Global Winter Wonderland Atlanta is fun, festive, and a great outing for the family. It’s conveniently located in downtown Atlanta with easy lot parking, the tickets, though not cheap, include live entertainment and all of the rides, and there’s enough to do to keep everyone entertained. The many multicultural lanterns and displays open a great dialog with children who are then eager to learn more about other countries. All in all, it’s a nice way to get out and get some fresh air, see the lights, and get in the holiday spirit! I highly recommend visiting this season and can’t wait to take my own family back for another visit soon!